9 Best Power Foods For Boosting Energy!
Here’s The 9 Best Power Foods For Boosting Energy:
According to experts, not having enough of important nutrients shows itself in how you feel and perform, eating large volumes of the wrong types of foods can have this same effect. We all experience low energy from time to time.
We live in a culture that is consumed with work and activities. Technology has made us constantly accessible. Sometimes we cannot get away even for a moment and take time for ourselves.
The result of these commitments can lead to increased stress levels and rob us of our precious energy. It’s no fun not being able to get up in the morning feeling completely exhausted.
Food is the primary source for energy for our human body. Certain foods provide more vitamins and minerals. It is important to choose your food wisely so that you can obtain the energy that you need. Particularly important is your morning and afternoon choices as this would be the most important times of day to have optimal energy levels.
Your brain needs key nutrients to function productively and requires twice as much energy as the other cells within our body. If the brain does not receive these nutrients you will often suffer from mental stress and overall physical exhaustion.
1. Perfect Breakfast Foods For Energy:
Most people will turn to caffeine and sugar in the quest to increase their morning energy levels. The key is to focus on low glycemic foods because these foods will release energy slowly throughout the day.
If you’re seeking something sweet to eat in the morning:
a better option would be fresh fruit. The carbohydrates found in fruits break down slowly in the body and thus provide an extended source of energy throughout the day. The fruit provides your brain with the glucose it needs to stay alert.
A healthy cereal choice or wholesome oatmeal to eat with your fruit would be ideal:
Throughout the day it is a good idea to snack on low glycemic fruit choices like apples, berries and pears as this will provide you with a steady stream of glucose for consistent energy.
2. Good Lunchtime Choices For Energy:
Surprisingly, eating a larger lunch than dinner is a much better choice:
In our culture we tend to emphasize eating a very large dinner meal but this is not really sensible. At that point in the day you do not need a large fuel source for energy.
Therefore your lunch meal ideally should be the biggest meal that you consume. Some great lunch time choices are a salad which has added to it protein such as chicken or fish and a lot of fresh vegetables like carrots and celery.
Don’t forget to add a generous helping of healthy oil such as olive oil to make sure you are getting an adequate omega supply. Another good choice might be some whole wheat bread with protein such chicken, fish or eggs along with fresh vegetables.
3. Water Provides Energy:
Most people underestimate the importance of staying properly hydrated throughout the day:
- Water is very important to our overall health and can definitely increase your energy levels.
- Water transports oxygen to your cells therefore providing your body with energy.
- By drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day you can help decrease your cortisol levels and increase your mental alertness and energy.
- If you just can’t bring yourself to drink that much water you can incorporate some other healthy beverages like green tea and some low sugar fruit and vegetable juices.
- Since water can provide all of these vital benefits to your body it would be wise to be sure to include an adequate supply in your daily regime.
4. Guideline for Good Food Choices For Energy:
If you are serious about increasing your energy levels and feeling optimally healthy you should incorporate some of the following foods into your diet.
1. Whole grains:
Ideally 6 servings per day including foods such as wheat bread and brown rice.
is an ideal source of protein and is high in omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins which are a great source of energy.
When it comes to foods for more energy broccoli is right up there with the best of them.
If you are suffering with excessive weight, bad skin, headaches or migraines, low energy, diabetes, cancer, heart disease or any other problem with your physical body then you will be doing yourself a huge favor by adding broccoli to your menu at least every other day.
- Broccoli is absolutely packed with bundles of vitamins, minerals, fibre and chlorophyll and will bring instant life and energy to your body when you eat it.
- You can juice it, use it raw for dips, boil it, steam it, stir fry it, add it to smoothies, make soups with it.
- Whatever you want to do this super veg will do it!
- Beans are very versatile and give a needed boost of energy.
- They can easily be added in small amounts to soups, pastas and salads.
- Fresh fruit as well as dried fruit are very good sources of food for energy.
- Fruit is naturally low in fat and with such a variety you will never get bored with your choices.
- Conveniently add fruit by having boxes of raisins or apricots handy as well as dried fruit snacks.
5. Bell Peppers/Capsicums:
These wonderful fruits can literally be snacked on like an apple or banana and give a beautiful sweetness and flavor full treat.
As well as being packed full of vitamins, minerals and fibre, these fruits are super adaptable to many dishes, smoothies, juices and salads and bring a wonderful variety of colour and taste to almost any meal.
- Along with avocado this is my absolute favorite.
- Cucumbers are super packed with electrons which your body needs to be alive.
- When measured in terms of their electrical potential, cucumbers rank as one of the highest foods we can eat, literally delivering life to our bodies.
- Cucumbers are also on the foods for more energy list because they are brilliantly versatile and form the basis for many super healthy options including juices, smoothies, soups and salads.
- They are great to snack on or use for dipping in pestos, hummus’, guacamoles or any other dips.
- They are even great to simple snack on as they are with nothing added, giving your body a well deserved kick of health, vitality and pure energy.
- Yogurt is a great choice for a high protein low fat food that will increase your energy.
- Always keep some handy for an easy and quick pick me up.
- Adding some fruit to it will increase the energy benefits.
- Without doubt one of my absolute favorites.
- the humble avocado referred to as Gods Butter before now and I love this description.
- Avocados are rich fibre, folate, vitamins C, B5. B6 and K, Potassium and packed full with healthy oils.
- Contrary to what you might have been told, avocados will not make you fat! The oils in the avocado are healthy oils that your body needs.
- These oils will actually help your body shed unnecessary fat and slim you down.
- avocados can be used in so many dishes. I personally have avocados with probably 80% of the meals I eat each day. power power power power
- It goes great in pasta dishes, rice dishes, salads, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, dips and most other dishes I can think of.
- Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on our planet and you will feel the difference in your health, energy and vitality when you start eating these regularly.
- This green vegetable contains nutrients that boost energy levels. power power power
- Spinach along with a variety of other green vegetables is a wonderful way to stay healthy and increase energy.
- Spinach is absolutely packed with a whole bunch of vitamins, minerals, fibre and chlorophyll.
- Chlorophyll is found in all green vegetables and fruit.
- The structure of chlorophyll is almost identical to our blood which makes it a super blood builder.
- The versatility of this super food is what makes it so great.
- You can juice it, add it to smoothies, chop it into rice, pasta or potato dishes or have it as a base for any salad.
- It goes with nearly every dish imaginable and is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to delivering goodness to your entire body.
Clearly the food choices that we make on a daily basis can contribute to our overall feeling of well being and help us to maintain good health. Eating for health and energy is something we all should take more seriously and should help guide the food choices that we make.
So there you have it, 9 super foods for more energy that, when consumed, will begin to bring your body back into balance and aliveness. If you add these 9 super foods to your daily food intake your body will be able to shed excess fat, clear up bad skin, reverse digestive problems, reverse symptoms of ME, MS, arthritis, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, crohn’s disease or any other illness know to mankind.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family, as you might help someone in need. Thanks.
Disclaimer: “Nothing in this article makes any claim to offer cures or treatment of any disease or illness. If you are sick please consult with your doctor.”
if you want to read more articles and know more about Power Foods For Boosting Energy, and more healthy topics, Please
Excellent nutrition is the basis of a healthy Life!
Liked the article? Share the love!