Foods Can Help Prevent Risks of Breast Cancer!
Foods Can Help Prevent Risks of Breast Cancer:
Can You Prevent Risks of Breast Cancer Through a Healthy Diet?
Breast Cancer, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an entire month designated for the annual campaign to raise awareness for a disease that has taken the lives of so many women all over the world.risks risks risks risks risks
The World Health Organization (WHO) has predicted that by 2020 the number of breast cancer cases will jump to an alarming figure and one in every eight women would run the risk of developing the disease in her lifetime.
Breast Cancer should be a concern to every woman, not just those who have a family history of the disease. It is important to be knowledgeable about the risk factors. Early detection and preventative measures are key to keeping yourself breast cancer free.
One of the main ways to prevent breast cancer is to eat a healthy diet which is rich in vegetables, fiber and low in fat. However, there has been little mention as to what foods can be eaten that will specifically aid in breast cancer prevention.
The following foods are considered part of a healthful diet in general, and they may help to prevent and lower the risk of development or progression of breast cancer.
Here’re The Top 15 Foods Can Help Prevent Risks of Breast Cancer:
The following are top fifteen foods. This are not listed in any order of importance so feel free to mix and match as it relates to your specific needs and diet.
The first food is tomatoes:
- 57.3% of the daily recommended value for vitamin C.
- 22.4% of the DV for vitamin A.
- 7.9% of the DV for fiber.
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and unsalted help in preventing breast as well as prostate cancer in men.
- There are also good for helping prevent cardiovascular disease.
- “The redder, the better”.
- These include peanuts as well as almond fruit. risks risks risks risks risks
- The main benefit can be seen in an increase of good cholesterol while lowering the bad cholesterol.
- As someone who has this particular problem, this is a good thing.
- However, you must be careful not to overdo it as you will gain weight.
- Nuts are rich in selenium, fibre, and phytochemical.
- Brazil nuts can help fight inflammation, improve the immune system and prevent tumor growth.
- And you do not need many of them, a palmful can do the trick
- High in soluble fiber.
- Good for weight loss.
- Controls Blood sugar.
- Good for Heart.
- Rich in Minerals & Vitamins.
- Natural Laxative & more.
- Oats aid in lowering cholesterol and are full of fiber.
- which helps in digestion as well.
- A recommended intake is 35 grams.
One of the absolute best foods to eat, not just for breast cancer prevention but for general vitality is garlic.
- Garlic is rich in antioxidants, and can help prevent other forms of cancer as well.
- Garlic is one of the best choices one can make when designing a healthy diet.
- Garlic is Rich source of cancer-fighting compound called allium.
- Garlic and its relatives (onion, leeks, scallions, and chives) are shown to slow tumour growth.
- and prevent breast cancer risk among other forms of cancer such as colorectal and prostate cancers.
- Wine is helpful as well, Red wine specifically contains tannin, which can inhibit bacterial growth.
- It contains Vitamin C, E, and carotene.
- Carotene has anti-oxidation function, can effectively prevent cataracts, immune barriers, artery atherosclerosis, cardiovascular and cerebral vascular diseases and cancers.
- A glass a day is recommended.
6. Green Tea:
Green tea is associated with a number of beneficial health effects, including:
- Strengthening the immune system and reduced risk of breast cancer.
- Weight loss.
- Blood pressure management.
- Research shows Green Tea has a Major role in cancer prevention.
- Green tea is high in polyphenol and catechins.
- These antioxidants may help protect cells from DNA damage caused by free radicals.
- Consumption on a regular basis has been linked to lower incidence of breast cancer.
- The phyto-chemical in green tea can well take the credit for its health benefits.
- One to two cups of green tea daily can help you keep cancer at bay.
- All berries are packed with cancer-fighting phytonutrients.
- Berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, and black raspberries, contain high amounts of polyphenols,.
- which may have anticancer properties.
- They’re also high in antioxidants, such as vitamin C.
- There is some evidence that berries may help reduce breast cancer risk.
- Black berry helps to fight Colon, Oral and Skin cancer.
- a half-cup serving of berries a day may help your health.
8. Cruciferous vegetables:
- These vegetables are typically rich in antioxidant vitamins, such as C, E, and K, and are high in fiber.
- Cruciferous vegetables contain glucosinolates, a type of chemical.
- This chemical, as well as the other components found in cruciferous veggies, may have cancer-fighting properties.
Popular Cruciferous Vegetables include:
- Brussels sprouts.
- A super food and great source of omega-3s and vitamins B12 and D.
- Salmon provides your body with the nutrients it needs to regulate cell growth and prevent cancer.
- A certain types of Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) are proven effective in cancer treatment.
- This fish is a great option and pairs well with many foods like garlic, dark-green leafy vegetables, turmeric, peppers and broccoli.
10. Whole grains:
- Whole grains are rich in fibre, essential vitamins and minerals.
- choose whole grains such as quinoa, barley, oats, amaranth, brown rice, and whole wheat over their refined, white counterparts.
- Heat them in the morning with some milk and cinnamon and have it as a warm cereal.
- or make a side dish out of it by boiling and simmering it for half an hour for dinner.
Popular whole-grain options include:
- Brown rice.
- Many research identify that soy is an extremely healthful food source.
- rich in protein, healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals but low in carbohydrates.
- Soy reduce the risk of breast cancer,
- It is also reported to reduce low-density lipoprotein “bad cholesterol”.
- Soy lower the risk of heart disease.
Soy is found in foods such as:
- Soy milk.
- Soy nuts.
- Scientists at the University of Missouri concluded that curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, could prevent cancer in women who took the synthetic hormones.
- It slows tumor growth and reduces the overall incidence.
- Animal studies demonstrated that the spice stops the synthetic hormones from releasing cancer-promoting growth factors into healthy breast tissue.
- There are additional health benefits attributed to turmeric spice beyond breast health. It’s a potent antioxidant, it reduces inflammation, it degrades chemical toxins, and it promotes normal cell growth throughout the body.
- on the other hand turmeric is poorly absorb into the bloodstream.
- The conventional products don’t work because most of the spice never reaches the blood.
- You end up taking large doses which can get expensive.
- mushrooms have many benefits for health include
- relief from high cholesterol levels. breast cancer, prostate cancer, and diabetes.
- It also helps in weight loss, and increases the strength of your immune system.
- Mushrooms rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antibiotics and antioxidants.
- A study found that higher mushroom intake is associated with a lower risk of breast cancer among women who are premenopausal.
- Cremini, oyster and shiitake mushrooms, among others, contain antioxidants such as:
- L- ergothioneine that may confer cancer protection.
This popular vegetable has a wide variety of nutritional and medicinal benefits, including:
- its ability to prevent many types of cancer.
- improve our digestive system.
- lower cholesterol, detoxify the body
- maximize vitamin and mineral uptake.
- prevent allergic reactions, boost the immune system, protect the skin.
- prevent birth defects, lower blood pressure, eliminate inflammation, and improve vision and ocular health.
- Broccoli rich of Sulforaphane that reduced the number of breast cancer stem cells (which cause cancer spread and recurrence) in mice.
- Studies show, Eating broccoli may not deliver enough sulforaphane to achieve the same effect.
- but to get the most you can, eat your broccoli raw or briefly steam or stir-fry the green florets.
- (Boiling destroys some of the sulforaphane.)
- Pomegranates contain high levels of antioxidants called flavonoids.
- These flavonoids are known to be effective in counteracting various cancer radials.
- People that face a high risk of prostate and breast cancer should start drinking pomegranate juice, as it will help them to reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- Regular consumption of pomegranates can reduce the PSA levels in the body and aid in the fight against existing cancer cells in the body
- The crunchy seeds of a pomegranate are well endowed with ellagic acid.
- a potent antioxidant that may inhibit an enzyme that plays a role in breast cancer development.
- Pomegranates, a rich source of antioxidants.
- Pomegranates have also been linked to improved heart health.
- You can get the same antioxidants from pure pomegranate juice.
- but drink only one cup (250 mL) a day to keep sugar intake in check, or have half of a fruit.
P.S: Go for regular checkups Visit your doctor every now and then, especially if you have any doubts. This is not a condition where you can think and postpone your doctor visit to the next month or even later. The earlier you get diagnosed, the earlier you will save yourself!
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family, as you might help someone in need. Thanks.
Disclaimer: “Nothing in this article makes any claim to offer cures or treatment of any disease or illness. If you are sick please consult with your doctor.”
if you want to read more about Foods Can Help Prevent Risks of Breast Cancer! and more about healthy eating and healthy topics, Please:
Eat Healthy.Live Healthy!
Liked the article? Share the love!